TRAVEL AND ACCOMODATION
Lombok Praya International Airport (LOP) can be reached directly from Singapore, via Silk Air flight. There are also many daily direct domestic flights from larger international airports to LOP, such as Denpasar Bali (DPS), Jakarta (CKG), Surabaya (SBY) and Ujungpandang (UPG).
Tourist Visa or Short-visit Visa can be used to attend conferences in Indonesia. This visa can be obtain on arrival at Lombok International Airport (LOP) or Lembar Seaport (Lombok Island). Participants from other countries (not included on the list of the visa-on-arrival) can obtain visa for social cultural visit. Committee will provide assistance and paper-work to obtain the visa upon request.
Visa on Arrival can be obtained directly when you are landed at the airports or seaports in Indonesia. Visa on Arrival is given to a person who has come with holiday/leisure, business or social visit purposes in Indonesia. The maximum length of stay is 30 days and can be extended for another 30 days.
This visa will be issued at the airport/sea port when you enter Indonesia. You need to bring the following:
- Passport – which has to be valid at least 6 months from planned entrance
- Return ticket is compulsory
- Visa fee (preferably in cash)
- Tourist visit of maximum 30 days: USD 35.
‘Alien passport, Travel document and Temporary Passport‘ is not acceptable as a travelling document to Indonesia.
Nationals or passport holders of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam , Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Chile, Morocco, Ecuador and Peru are given visa free entry facility for maximum of 30 days. The visa can be extended for another 30 days but cannot be transferred to another type of visa. All citizens from above mentioned countries have to enter Indonesia through a number of air ports and sea ports.
Citizens from 64 countries can obtain Visa on Arrival for tourist visits that are not exceeding 30 days. The following is the list of countries that can apply for Visa on Arrival in Indonesia.
- Algeria 22. Greece 43. New Zealand
- Arab Emirate 23. Hungary 44. Oman
- Argentina 24. Iceland 45. Panama
- Australia 25. India 46. Poland
- Austria 26. Ireland 47. Portugal
- Bahrain 27. Italy 48. Qatar
- Belgium 28. Tunisia 49. Romania
- Brazil 29. Japan 50. Russia
- Bulgaria 30. Kuwait 51. Saudi Arabia
- Cambodia 31. Laos 52. Slovakia
- Canada 32. Latvia 53. Slovenia
- China 33. Libya 54. South Africa
- Cyprus 34. Liechtenstein 55. South Korea
- Czech Republic 35. Lithuania 56. Spain
- Denmark 36. Luxembourg 57. Suriname
- Egypt 37. Malidives 58. Sweden
- Estonia 38. Malta 59. Switzerland
- Fiji 39. Mexico 60. Taiwan
- Finland 40. Netherland 61. United State of America
- France 41. Monaco 62. United Kingdom
- Germany 42. Norway 63. United Arab Emirate
All citizens from above mentioned countries have to enter Indonesia through a number of air ports and sea ports.
Lombok Island is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Indonesia. There are wide varieties of accommodation available for visitors, from low cost hotels to five stars hotels. Conference committee can provide assistance in choosing accommodation, and also booking service when necessary.
Low cost (budget) accommodation with air conditioned room is about USD 15-25 per day with single or twin beds. The most convenience hotels in the City of Mataram have standard room rates about USD 60-80 and suite room rates about USD 200-300. There are many rooms available between the two options with room rates between USD 25-50.
In the Senggigi Beach area (15 km north of the city), room rates are higher than in the city, about USD 80-100 for three stars hotels and USD 25-50 for non-star and 2-star hotels. Five stars hotels are also available in this area.